Large scale Injection incidents targeting osCommerce websites
A large scale injection targeting websites using osCommerce is reported. Injected "<iframe>" and "<script>" pointing to malicious links such as "willysy.com" and "exero.eu" will infect computers via various exploits. Google indicates more than 90,000 infected pages (not domains) while there are over 2,000 infected pages from Hong Kong.
Browser exploits used:
- CVE-2010-0840 - Java Trust
- CVE-2010-0188 - PDF LibTiff
- CVE-2010-0886 - Java SMB
- CVE-2006-0003 - IE MDAC
- CVE-2010-1885 - HCP
Website administrators are recommended to check their websites and databases and protect the administration directory (/admin/) of their osCommerce systems by a password with .htaccess.
- Domain is listed as suspicious in Google Safe Browsing
- Google indicates more than 2,000 infected pages from Hong Kong
- The infection attempt, when not successful, has the injected iframe rendered as content (rather than executed) in the title part of the website. Below are some examples: