Skip to main content

Help: Report security incidents and get help

Release Date: 6 Apr 2018 3465 Views

The following information is about reporting security incidents and getting help.


ATTENTION: HKCERT is not a law enforcement authority. If your personal safety is threatened or financial loss is encountered, please report to police.


Moreover, HKCERT is not a regulatory body either. To make a complaint on communication services, please call government hotline 1823 to obtain the contact information of the relevant regulatory body.


HKCERT handles security incidents by analyzing objective data. If you want to report incident, please prepare the following information:

  1. Brief description of the incident, and its symptoms
  2. Your contact information
  3. Any one of the following information:


    Scanning result from anti-virus software


    or Screenshot of suspected hacking activity


    or Network traffic log with timestamp, source and destination IP addresses and ports recorded