Skip to main content



There are several organizations involved in handling different aspects of information security incidents. If you are not sure which party to report to, you are welcomed to call HKCERT or enquiry. We are happy to advise you the proper technical procedure or proper parties to communicate. However, knowing the correct party can speed up the response to your incident.


  • If you want to report criminal offenses, for example, online fraud and cases with financial loss, please contact Police. Furthermore, if your online banking or credit card account is compromised, please contact the related institution immediately to minimize the financial loss.
  • If you want to report on unsolicited electronic messages (spam) please contact the Office of the Communications Authority (OFCA)
  • For any enquiry or complaint relating to personal data, please contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner for Personal Data (PCPD)
  • If you want to report Internet service failure, you should contact the relevant service provider.