WhatsApp Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
RISK: High Risk
TYPE: Clients - Im, Chat & Voip
A vulnerability was identified in WhatsApp, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to trigger remote code execution and bypass security restriction on the targeted system.
Notes: The vulnerability CVE-2019-3568 is being used in scattered exploit.
- Remote Code Execution
- Security Restriction Bypass
System / Technologies affected
- WhatsApp for Android prior to version 2.19.134
- WhatsApp Business for Android prior to version 2.19.44
- WhatsApp for iOS prior to version 2.19.51
- WhatsApp Business for iOS prior to version 2.19.51
- WhatsApp for Windows Phone prior to version 2.18.348
- WhatsApp for Tizen prior to version 2.18.15
Before installation of the software, please visit the software manufacturer web-site for more details.
- The vendor has issued fixes:
WhatsApp for Android
WhatsApp Business for Android
WhatsApp for iOS
WhatsApp Business for iOS
WhatsApp for Windows Phone