Samba Multiple Vulnerabilities
RISK: Medium Risk
TYPE: Security software and application - Security Software & Appliance
Multiple vulnerabilities were identified in Samba. A remote attacker could exploit some of these vulnerabilities to trigger security restriction bypass, and elevation of privilege on the targeted system.
- Security Restriction Bypass
- Elevation of Privilege
System / Technologies affected
- Samba versions prior to 4.15.13
- Samba versions prior to 4.16.8
- Samba versions prior to 4.17.4
Before installation of the software, please visit the vendor web-site for more details.
Samba users running affected versions are advised to upgrade or apply the patch as soon as possible.
- Apply fixes issued by the vendor:
patch for Samba 4.15.13
patch for Samba 4.16.8
patch for Samba 4.17.4