HKCERT: Watch out for New Ransomware
In light of the new ransomware attacks on computer users across the world, the Hong Kong Computer Emergency Response Team Coordination Centre (HKCERT) of the Hong Kong Productivity Council today (28 June 2017) urged the public to be vigilant.
- Apply latest security updates to Windows and other applications;
- Minimize the number of users who have domain administrative rights to confine the scope and impacts of attacks, and use normal privilege in daily operation;
- Ensure the installation of anti-virus or Internet security application, and its signature updated;
- Ensure personal firewall is turned on to block incoming SMB connections;
- Regularly backup data and keep an offline copy; and
- Do not open links and attachment in any suspicious emails.