Hong Kong Cyber Security New Generation Capture the Flag Challenge 2020
Internet technology will dominate the future world, but at the same time new cyber security challenges emerge. Through Technology Education (TechEd), we could foster and enhance students' knowledge and interest in cyber security. Train up creative thinking and learn skills such as cryptography, programming concept, network forensics, etc. to deal with new challenges.
Hong Kong Computer Emergency Response Team Coordination Centre (HKCERT) and Hong Kong Productivity Council (HKPC) will jointly host the first "Hong Kong Cyber Security New Generation Capture the Flag (CTF) Challenge 2020" Contest to arouse the cyber security awareness of the education sector and encourage student problem solving with teamwork, creative thinking and cyber security skills via a fun game. Join now and get ready for the challenge!
A briefing session and a workshop by cyber security experts will give you an warm up and help you to get prepared for the Contest.
Join now and get ready for the challenge!
Date and Time
6 November 2020, 6:00PM to 8 November 2020, 6:00PM (The system will operate for 48 hours, participant can access anytime during the contest)
This is a Jeopardy-style online CTF Contest. Participant will get a score after solving the challenges during the Contest.
Learning Outcome Through the Contest
Please click here.
Type of Challenges and Samples
- Binary Exploitation
- Reverse Engineering
- Web Exploitation
The Contest is divided into Secondary School and Tertiary Institution categories. Participants may enter the Contest as a team with two to four participants. For team application of the Secondary School categories, all team members must be from the same school. Each participant can enrol to only one of the categories and should submit only one entry. Participants shall agree and abide by all the terms and conditions, and rules of the Contest.
For more information, please refer to pamphlet.
Categories and prizes (*Number of prizes will depend on the number of team members)
- Secondary School Category: For all secondary school students in Hong Kong
- Gold: DJI Osmo Pocket and Amazon Kindle Paperwhite
- Silver: Apple Airpods Pro
- Bronze: Fitbit Charge 4 Advanced Fitness Tracker
*Each awarded school will receive a trophy.
*School can send unlimited team to join. The school who sent most team will be awarded a “Most Supportive School Award” (If there are same number of team, the school sent most students will win the Award.)
- Tertiary Institutions Category: For all full-time students in Diploma, Higher Diploma, Associate Degree and Bachelor Degree of universities or colleges in Hong Kong
- Gold: Samsung Tab S6 Lite 4+128GB 10.4" LTE and Amazon Kindle Paperwhite
- Silver: DJI Osmo Action Action Camcorder
- Bronze: Sony SRS-XB33 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
In additional to the above prizes, all the awarded participants will receive an electronic award certificate and be awarded to join a cyber security training programme “Red/Blue Team Pentest Kungfu Intensive Course” organized by HKPC in January 2021. Other participants will receive an electronic participation certificate.
From Now to 30 October 2020 (Registration has ended. Thank you for support)
Briefing Session (Webinar)
20 October 2020, 2:30PM (Ended)
- Briefing Session - CTF and Contest Information
- Briefing Session - CTF Challenge Demonstration
- Briefing Session - Question and Answer
31 October 2020, 2:30PM – 5:00PM (Ended)
- Pre-Workshop - CTF Introduction and Contest details
- Pre-Workshop -Strategy and tips 1
- Pre-Workshop - Strategy and tips 2
- Pre-Workshop - Question and Answer
Webinar and Award Presentation Ceremony
13 November 2020, 2:30PM – 5:30PM at HKPC Building, 78 Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon (Online registration starts at 2:00PM)
Details and registration, please refer to: /my_url/en/event/20111301
Please contact our Ms. Judy Liu at +852 2788 5704 or [email protected]
Date:6 Nov 2020 - 8 Nov 2020
Hong Kong Computer Emergency Response Team Coordination Centre (HKCERT)
Hong Kong Productivity Council (HKPC)